Traxxas Summit – Go BIG Or Go Home!
Welcome to the Traxxas Summit Review! Here you will learn all about the Traxxas Summit Electric Monster Truck & what it can offer you or your family.
The Traxxas Summit is a very large monster truck built by Traxxas. If you’ve never heard of Traxxas before they are a large popular RC cars & RC truck manufacturer who specialize in electric rc cars and nitro rc cars.
My initial reactions to the Traxxas Summit is how BIG it really is…the thing is just HUGE, I have no doubt if you buy the Traxxas Summit you will be destroying all types of terrain!
The Traxxas Summit has an array of new features such as the 2.4 Ghz radio transmitter sure to please even the advanced RC Car enthusiast. You can also browse the HPI Racing type of rc cars that are available.
CHECK OUT ALL SUMMIT MODELS HERE
Looking To Buy The Traxxas Summit?
Before I get into the details….I think the price of the Traxxas Summit is anywhere from$450 to $600 bucks depending which local or online hobby shop you get it from. Always look for the Traxxas Summit on sale for cheap or even used first.
Are You Looking For The Traxxas Summit?
You might want to check HobbyTron.com (U.S.) and RC Planet (Global) for your Traxxas Summit & RC truck needs, but it is recommended that you read our Tips For Selecting RC Cars and Trucks Online beforehand.
Read the comprehensive RC Hobby Shop reviews for more detailed information and to simplify your search.
Traxxas Summit Review
Now where was I… Right! – You came to check out the Traxxas Summit, first off check out the picture and video below to get you stoked up!!
Ok I don’t know about you but I’m PUMPED about this electric monster truck!
After watching that video and actually seeing it – it’s a total rock crawler man! I don’t see you having a problem getting over obstacles.
Traxxas Summit Tires/Wheels
The Traxxas Summit has 7 inch wheels and they call them Canyon AT tires – 7 INCHES! Those are some of the biggest rc car tires on the market today. You’ll have no problem getting into all the elements be it snow, water, dirt & mud.
As you saw on the video there are different gear selections to go faster or slower – faster for straight stretches and maybe your local track OR slower for wicked rock crawling and good ‘ol BASHING!
Brushless Power – Titan 775
The Traxxas Summit is powered by a beat of a motor too, they call it the Titan 775. It’s a very large electric motor capable of speeds of up to 30-40 Mph! Not totally meant for speed though… more for bashing and rock crawling. If you’re looking for a rc racing car or truck this isn’t it. The Titan 775 is a super torque engine.
Traxxas Summit Body & LED Lights
The Traxxas Summit looks very cool with the all new Exo-Cage built by Traxxas. Looks like a real winner man + the Summit was made to take abuse, so no worries about trail blazin.
It also comes with a ton of LED lights - 10 lights to be exact. So not only can will you be ripping it up in the daytime – this monster can drive around all night and not ram into obstacles.
- Fast for a large Monster Truck
- Very Durable – Strong like bull
- Great for off-road bashing
- Awesome for rock crawling up any terrain!
- TORQUE - This thing can pull small children that’s how powerful it is!
- LED Lights for night bashing!
- Crazy Big Engine – 775 TITAN!
- This is not a race truck folks – it’s fast, but not on road fast
- Because it’s high center of gravity when ripping it up doing sharp corners on road you will probably flip it over.
A Quick Look At The Summit’s Features
Ok for the technical rc enthusiast here are the specs/features from the Traxxas Summit for your reading pleasure…
- Transmitter-operated remote locking differentials
- Transmitter-operated High-Low transmission
- Titan 775 motor
- TQ 2.4GHz 4-channel transmitter and micro receiver
- 17mm splined aluminum hex hubs
- Industry’s first dual-CV telescoping half shafts
- Geode™ rims and Canyon AT™ tires
- ExoCage™ body
- 10-LED light system
- Specially tuned long-travel suspension
- Same Chassis as the traxxas revo
Traxxas Summit Monster Truck – No Match For The Elements
With Great Power Comes Great Kid Pulling Abilities… Say What!?
Here is a couple videos of the Traxxas Summit pulling kids, if you weren’t convinced about the torque of the engine before – you sure will be after these clips!!
Kid # 1
Kid # 2
Whoa…OK… 5 Kids!?
Traxxas Summit – Upgrades & Aftermarket Parts/Hop Ups
There are plenty of upgrades and aftermarket parts you can get for the Traxxas Summit.
Here are just some of the great aluminum parts, upgrades and aftermarket hop ups you can get for the traxxas summit.
- Traxxas EVX2 Forward/Reverse
- Traxxas Anodized GTR Shock Teflon (4) Assembled
- MIP Spline CVD
- Traxxas 2-Speed Conversion Summit
- Traxxas Steel Drive Shafts Summit
- Integy Steel Roll Cage
- Traxxas Receiver Micro 4 Channel
- Traxxas Servo Sub-Micro
- Traxxas Aluminum Hollow Ball Set (30)
- Traxxas Summit Bodies (body)
- Traxxas Tires/Wheels – Yellow, Blue, Red etc.
- Traxxas Summit LED Light Bar
- And Much Much More – Visit RCPlanet To Browse Further Products
Other Traxxas Products Of Interest
- Traxxas Slash 4×4 - is a crazy electric short course rc racing truck that reaches very high speeds and can be bashed around to have fun.
- Traxxas Slayer - Check out the Traxxas Slayer Nitro Short Course racing truck!
- Traxxas Revo - is any persons dream RC monster truck. It outdoes any other RC truck, and with many parts and hop ups available and the TRX 3.3 engine, the Traxxas Revo is hard to beat.
- Traxxas Rustler - The bright orange and black Traxxas Rustler is just a flash of color in action, reaching speeds of up to 50mph and available in both nitro and electric-powered versions.
- Traxxas Stampede - is a force among RC Monster Trucks not to be reckoned with. The first among Traxxas’ monster trucks with superior handling and wide range of hop ups available, this RC vehicle leaves the sluggish, heavy rep of RC trucks in the dust.
- Traxxas T Maxx - is the award winning, 4wd remote control monster truck featured in full flowing action in the Traxxas Tmaxx video.
- Traxxas Rally VXL RTR -The Traxxas Rally VXL is a 1/16th Electric RC Car. Great for RC Car drifting, sharp turns, fast maneuvers and good ol racing fun. It takes on the new type of racing called Gymkhana.. check it out!
Also check out:
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links:
Latest RC Car Articles
How To Clean And Maintain Your Traxxas Brushless Motor
Traxxas Rally Electric RC Car
RC Cars For Sale
Cheap RC Cars For Sale
Best RC Cars
Fastest RC Cars
How to Build an RC Car Track
How to Build Your Own RC Car